По умолчанию Re: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

what did you think of Katarzyna Borek(the polish competitior)?

Piano competitiion in General: Well, we are into the 4 or 5 day of theevent, and I have to confess that I am follingthe PIANO and VIOLIN competition at the same time. To be honest with you all, I have not hear yet anybody on the PIANO competition who has taken my breath away... but in the Violin section........ at least 3 OUTSTANDING boys. In Piano... I am not soo sure. What is your General opinion up to today. By the way, I am downloading all LIVE brodcasts, and I can see them again, and I have missed a few pianists. If you think that there a particular I should hear agian, plesae let me know.

По умолчанию Re: Ответ: Re: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

Dear Boris, YES !!! Nikita Borisoglebsky is his name. What a terrific player. His posture, his concept and phrases, and all............. wonderful. The Best so far, I think. THe piano department is looking a bit "soft" nothing of GRAND GRAND QUality (I mean like the old School) - what do you guys think.

Team ForumKlassika.Ru Аватар для boris
    Записей в дневнике

По умолчанию Ответ: Re: Ответ: Re: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

I haven't heard him myself - too busy maintaining everything here and my on my main job, unfortunately...

Concerning the piano section - you know, I must say there are some good guys like Andrei Korobeinikov and Miroslav Kultishev... Not that I really mean to mark them as the "old school", but I guess they can do the job...

Anyway, lets see what will happen in the piano department tomorrow - they gonna decide who will go on... I guess we gonna be surprised.

По умолчанию Ответ: Re: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

Dear domingo196,Can you tell me how to download LIVE brodcasts?Thanks!

Is this competition fair?

When aspiring musicians enter a music competition, they do so on the understanding that the organizers will make their best effort to ensure that the results are fair. Music competitions should be fair. The results should be based on the talent of the competitors, not on whom they studied with, and not on their nationality.

Of the pianists who were accepted into round two of the current competition, 14 out of 20 are Russian. That's 70%. Yet only 46% of the competitors in round one were Russian. To put it another way, of the Russian competitors in round one, 66% were admitted into round two. Of the non-Russian competitors in round one, only 24% were admitted to round two. Could this be a mere coincidence?

Looking back over the entire history of this competition, nine Russians have received or shared the top prize, compared with only six non-Russians.

Among the current competitors, I have also noticed that some of the non-Russians who have been admitted into round two have previously studied in Russia. I cannot say if there is a pattern here, because I have not checked the background of all the competitors.

Nonetheless, this competition certainly seems to favor Russians. This is not as it should be, and here is why:

If this competition is biased, then it could create the impression that Russia is not a fair country. Is that the kind of impression that Russians want to make on the international community?

If this competition is biased, then talented competitors who lack Russian connections are being cheated.

If this competition is biased, then it will gradually lose credibility. Perhaps it is already widely recognized as being unfair, but this is a new realization for me, and it may be for other contestants and spectators as well.

I propose that if this competition is going to blatantly favor Russians, then the name should be changed from the International Tchaikovsky Competition to the Russian Tchaikovsky Competition.

It would be nice if we could keep politics out of music. Does anyone know of any international piano competitions that are truly international? Your comments are welcome.

гонщик Аватар для беглец с ноева ковчега
    Записей в дневнике

По умолчанию Ответ: Re: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

Цитата Сообщение от FredericShowpan Посмотреть сообщение

Of the pianists who were accepted into round two of the current competition, 14 out of 20 are Russian. That's 70%. Yet only 46% of the competitors in round one were Russian. To put it another way, of the Russian competitors in round one, 66% were admitted into round two. Of the non-Russian competitors in round one, only 24% were admitted to round two. Could this be a mere coincidence?
    The judgement, as the results show us, was rather fair, proper, predictable and yet predicted.
    Take a look at the russian section of this forum, and find out for yourself.

Whos fault is that Russians are better prepared, better self-motivated, better and more intensively supported by the relatives friends and fans, and in most cases just more talented if you wish?

As personaly for me I will indeed miss two foreigners in the second round - Fumio Kawamura and John Chen, and jne brilliant Russian youngster - Pavel Kolesnikov.

But, lets state once again - the judgement on this competition is surprisingly fair, thus the results of the first round are unsurprisingly pleasing and foretold.

По умолчанию Re: Ответ: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

To FredericShowpan: Competitions are not fair. There is plenty of Politics and personal relations among the jury and piano houses etc, as to not be fair 100%. Now, they "tend" to be as fair as possible and the first price is almost never given to the person who deserves to win the competition. Usually the "other" prices are better and much more loved from the audience. At the end of the day, it is the audience that counts. Well, to be honest I don't belive that anymore, as Audiences are becoming more and more ignorant, then the payers they applaud are becoming more and more mediocre, but that is another subject. Now, this is a Russian Competition and the Russians have ALWAYS been better (in general) than the rest of the pianists in the west. They have a REAL COMMITMENT to make it happen. To make the "music making" "better" and superior and to reach higher limits. They are far less concerned with fame and the products of "the west" that they "tend" to focus in the music making process much more. Now, I can send you my live recordings of THIS competition and you can clearly see WHY the 14 Russians were admitted into he second round. In fact, I think that not all 20 should have been admitted. I think we could have done with 15.The Russinas have always been better in many disciplines. Music is one of them. Having said that, I belive that the YAMAHA corporation has a very STRONG influence in the competition and in the piano department, I belive that they can and have influenced the resutls of the last 2 competitions, from where the first prices have been a disaster. For example, the 2002 winner of the Piano Competition Ayako Uehara is a mere "good pianist" but nothing exceptional. I remind you that in the world of music, it is NOT the "normal" or the "regular" people who we enjoy. We all (I think) are looking for that exceptional moment when the artists takes us away. That does not happens very often nowadays. So, if they are unable to take the audience away.......... then they should not be there. The competitions are mainly to showcase your talent and every participant should take them as an stage to show the world what they can do. And, finally, in the music "thing" either you can, or you cannot. There are not "in between".

гонщик Аватар для беглец с ноева ковчега
    Записей в дневнике

По умолчанию Ответ: Re: Ответ: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

Цитата Сообщение от domingo196 Посмотреть сообщение
    Ayako Uehara is a mere "good pianist" .
    You have got to be joking me here, pal!

I'd rather see her as a role model for any evil hero in xentai cartoon series, than on stage of truly beautiful Bolshoi Zal.

По умолчанию Ответ: About the Tchaikovsky competition and piano in particular

domingo196, I'm trying to download the live broadcasts too, but I started on Sunday only. Could I download your earlier recordings?

Thanks

• Страница 4 из 12 ПерваяПервая ... 345 ... ПоследняяПоследняя